Sebenza Forwarding and Shipping (PTY) Ltd (“Sebenza”) is a black empowered freight forwarder with 15 years of experience in the industry. We were the first Black Empowered clearing agency and have grown over the years to have an international footprint.
Sebenza has two shareholders. The Makana Investment Company, the trading arm of the Makana Trust has shareholding of fifty five per cent (55%). The Makana Trust was established with the objective of looking after the interests of former political prisoners and their families.The Bidvest Group owns forty five per cent (45%) of the shares.
Sebenza’s vision is to be a leading South African freight forwarder competing internationally through global networks and strategic partnerships for the benefit of all stakeholders.
This vision positions Sebenza firmly as a South African company with the internal resources and capabilities to compete internationally by developing and leveraging strategic partnerships and global network alliances.
Our Company's foundation is built on our set of values. These distinguish us and guide our actions, ensuring that we conduct our business in an ethical manner.
- Excellence – in all aspects and levels of service delivery.
- Ethical Conduct – evidenced by integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, respect and fairness.
- Professionalism – displayed through commitment, compassion, dedication, responsibility, accountability and being proactive.
- Teamwork – resulting in integrated systems, synergy, participation, cooperation.
- Valuing diversity – in all aspects of service delivery.